- Bugatti Veyron: At 1001 horsepower, this beast can take you over 250 mph, but only for a few minutes at a time. At top speed, the tank will only last you for 12 minutes. Priced at $1.5 million, the Veyron’s speed does not come at a cheap price.
- Hummer HX: Leaving its military origin, the original box shaped car is now more of a dune buggy. It’s essentially a smaller, convertible truck.
- International CXT: Built on the same platform as a dump truck, it is the largest pickup truck on the roads.
- Jeep Renegade: The Renegade is a Jeep hybrid that will get true 4x4 from an electric motor. A backup diesel engine will take you where you need to go on longer drives.
- Lamborghini Reventon: Only 20 of these beauties will be made and they’ve sold at over a million a piece. It’s the closest thing you’re going to get to a jet fighter on the ground.
- Maybach 62 S: If Rolls Royce is “Extravagance”, Maybach is “Luxury.” A high powered limo with a long list of passenger amenities, you’re not really supposed to be in the driver’s seat for this one. Kick back and enjoy the ride.
- Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe: Like all Rolls-Royce vehicles, this one is an ego stoker. Extravagance is its middle name.
- Scion Hako: While quite possible the most garish and ugly thing I have ever seen, the Hako boasts a wide variety of interior technology that should appeal to a wide variety of techies.
- Smart Fortwo: The Smart Fortwo is the American counterpart to the European smartcars. They can reach up to 90 mph, while getting 33 mpg. Best of all it only costs $11,000.
- Tesla Roadster: Built off a Lotus chassis, the Tesla Roadster is supposed to be an all electric car that does not rely on gasoline, period. Priced at $98,000, it can reach 60 in less than 4 seconds with a battery that the company claims will get you up to 220 miles on a single charge.
2008 Smart Fortwo, Tesla, Attract Exotic Crowd
Cars are not merely rides, or machines, they’re an evolving aesthetic as newer standards and higher technology come into play. “Green” concerns and gas prices are dictating the current trends, but there will always be enthusiasts who are willing to dig into their pockets for an exotic or unusual ride. While many of us will never be able to afford a certain cars, here are ten vehicles for 2008 that can rock your world.
What’s going on with the auto manufacturers of India?