- The Chevrolet Equinox for 2010 will include a choice of two direct-injection engines, a 2.4 liter 4-cylinder and a 3.0 liter V-6. This year marks the first time that an Equinox has been offered with a 4-cylinder engine.
- The Chevrolet Camaro moved from concept to production in the middle of this year. The 2010 model year will mark its first full year on the market.
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 is going to sell for $100,000 and will come with a 6.2 liter supercharged V-8 engine that can generate 538 horsepower.
- Buick LaCrosse is to be all-new. You have a choice of three direct-injection engines to power this premium sedan
- GMC Terrain shares a platform with the new EquinoxIts silhouette is kind of boxy which reminds some of a Hummer.
- Cadillac CTX-V features the same supercharged V-8 engine that’s in the new Corvette but it seats five.
- Cadillac SRX holds five passengers and you get the choice of two engines, a 3.0 liter direct injection V-6 or a 2.8 liter turbocharged V-6.
- Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon is said to have the sportiness of the CTS sedan.
- Ford Taurus is said to have sleek styling and a comfortable interior and is powered by a 3.5 liter V-6 engine that generates 263 horsepower.
- Ford Focus will be akin to the European Focus.
- Lincoln MKT is a seven seater with an EcoBoost engine and is meant to compete in the CUV market.
- Dodge Ram Heavy Duty comes in three cab sizes -- regular, crew and maga. The 2500 and 3500 feature a 6.7 liter Cummins turbodiesel I-6 engine that can make 350 horsepower and peak torque of 650 lb. ft. at 1,500 rpm.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee comes with the new Chrysler Phoenix V-6 engine and an also new Quadra Lift Air Suspension.
- Nissan Leaf is an electric car meant to compete head-to-head with the Chevrolet Volt. You can get one for less than $30,000 -- about $10,000 less than the Volt.
- BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo is the cross between a wagon and a CUV.
- BMW ActiveHybrid X6 is a two mode hybrid. BMW calls it the most powerful hybrid on the road.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan. A Bluetec diesel version is coming in March and an all-wheel-drive wagon in June.
- Mercedes E-Coupe replaces the CLK sports coupe.Mercedes S400 is the company’s first hybrid.
- Volkswagen Golf is said to have radically new styling.
- Land Rover LR4 has new sheet metal and revised interior as well as a new 5.0 liter direct-injected V-8 engine.
2010 Cars expand from Mercedes Benz Hybrid to Nissan Leaf Pure Electric
For auto enthusiasts, the new model year is like Christmas. When the new models were introduced, they appeared in various magazine ads. We would tear the ads out of the magazines replace old pictures in our cubicles with the new. Here’s what to look out for per Wards Auto:
Well, it's (unofficially) out.Chrysler’s five year plan has been "leaked" to the Wall Street Journal reports...