- The retro-styled box-like front (remember the original Volvos?) and ginormous front grille.
- “Floating” center stack running from the dash extending to the second row. A humidor is available for cigars (it actually works!).
- Zippered storage units.
- Available cashmere blankets.
- A center console contains a small humidor to keep cigars fresh.
- Heated and cooled seats for all seatas with aromatherapy unit available and controlled from the rear row seating.
- 3.6 liter twin-turbo V-6 engine paired to an electric motor generating 425 horsepower.
2011 Los Angeles Auto Show: Cadillac Ciel Convertible Concept Debut
What's New Sometimes you're never really ready for the reality. Case in point: the Cadillac Ciel Convertible concept. Ciel means "sky" in French. The word can be connected to the fact the concept's a convertible but also implies limitless potential ala the saying, "the sky's the limit." We finally took our first real gander at the Ciel at the show and there's not much new from its debut back at Pebble Beach back in August. The Cadillac Ciel is huge (we've driven smaller crossovers), with styling that mixes the vertical headlights and large wheels of current Cadillacs with hints of future design like a bulky front end and in-yah-face shield grille. But open the rear-mounted ala "clamshell" doors and the Ciel goes all retro, swathing driver and passengers in leather more reminiscent of an old-school lux Rolls-Royce or Bentley than a BMW competitor prepping for the Nurburgring.Who It's For Concepts, as a rule, showcase an automaker's future design than go into production untouched, with notable exceptions like the Chevrolet Camaro, Honda CR-V and Mercedes-Benz CLS. Unfortunately, the Ciel is no exception. But the Cadillac concept has already inspired one model, a Ciel-inspired sedan, to take on flagships BMW 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. That day is still looking far into the future, but if you squint just right, though, you can see hints of the Ciel concept in the all-new Cadillac XTS which debuted today. Key Features The Cadillac Ciel Convertible concept showcases several features that may--or may not--be incorporated into future Cadillac vehicles including:
Making its debut last week at the SEMA aftermarket auto show in Las Vegas, Hyundai of America's Technical...