Ad Radar

2013 Ford Escape Prices Announced: Starting at $23,295

By Trevor Dorchies | April 13, 2012
Ford Motor Company has announced pricing for the redesigned 2013 Escape crossover with the base level S model starting at $23,295 including shipping. The ultra-lux Titanium trim is also available for the first time ever on the latest model year Escape replacing the former top trim, the Limited. To land in a Titanium Escape, expect to drop around $31,195 for the decked-out crossover. The current Ford Escape will continue production for a few more weeks at the Blue Oval's Kansas City assembly facility but the all-new Escape has also begun production too. The latest model year Escape is being pieced together at Ford's assembly facility in Louisville Kentucky. The Detroit-based automaker doesn't foresee any negative effects stemming from the Kansas City facility being shut down in preparation for a changeover. Ford Escape sales continue to climb even with the now-old body style. With the first three months of 2012 already in the history books, the Escape has seen a five percent increase in sales with a very respectable 58,604 units moved so far this year. The 2012 model year Escape accounts for 14.2 percent of the entry level crossover segment, second only to the Honda CR-V which accounts for 18.1 percent of the segment's share. According to Ford spokeswoman Angie Kozleski, the Blue Oval boys expect the base level S trim to account for around 10 percent of 2013 Escape sales. The other 90 percent is expected to be divided up between models that offer the EcoBoost engines: a 1.6-liter and a 2.0-liter. The latter engine will be standard on Escapes outfitted with the Titanium trim level. Some standard features found on the 2013 Ford Escape include an updated version of MyFord Touch and Sync; parallel parking assist; blind-spot detection; curve control, which automatically slows the crossover down when it enters a corner too fast; and Torque Vectoring Control. TVC is a four-wheel drive system that utilizes the brakes to direct torque between the two front wheels to add more stability when cornering. Dealers have already begun taking orders for the 2013 Ford Escape and the actual vehicles are expecting to go on sale later this spring. Source: Automotive News (subscription required)
  • 2013 Ford Escape Drivers Side Rear Three Quarters
  • 2013 Ford Escape Drivers Side Three Quarters
  • 2013 Ford Escape Interior
 
0 comments
close