- Aha Radio: Designed by Harman, Aha has a database of 30,000 stations that play via a cloud and are streamed through your phone. Aha works via voice commands and uses voice commands that are intuitive for driver to use and straightforward. Users can use their preset buttons or steering wheel-mounted controls to access it.
- Rhapsody: A premium on-demand service, Rhapsody allows users to customize playlists with a database of hundreds of thousands of songs.
- Kaliki: Its full name, Kaliki Audio Newsstand, gives you a better idea of what it does. Partnering with popular magazines and newspapers, Kaliki gives listeners and audio feed of the information that may not ordinarily be able to catch up on due to time constraints. Think of it as an audio book lite.
- Glympse: It's a mobile tracking app. If you've been asked "Where are you?" Glympse is a quick answer to that when you're on the road. Sending to Twitter, Facebook, email, or a mobile phone, Glympse provides on-the-road travelers with an easier way to let their friends and loved ones know where they are without having to get out a phone and call or text while driving. It's all steering wheel- and voice-controlled.
- USA Today: Updated two times a day, USA Today reads the news to listeners over the stereo.
- Greater Media: Broadcasting 16 radio stations mostly focused in the Midwest, the stations are now available nationwide, both talk- and music-focused.
- BeCouply: Looking for something to do tonight with your significant other? BeCouply is your smooth moves for where to take your date. Just pick a theme, and it does the rest for you. All that's missing is the requisite Luther Vandross music.
CES 2013: Ford Sync AppLink Adds Compatibility with 9 New Apps; Opens Development Kits to Everyone
Last year at the Consumer Electronics Show, Ford introduced AppLink to work through its Sync voice-activated infotainment suite, giving users access to every affiliated National Public Radio station they could ever want. Ford said it was giving development kits to other companies to use but didn't say which ones. Turns out, there were quite a few of them.At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this year, Ford has introduced Sync AppLink compatibility with Aha Radio, Rhapsody, Kaliki, Glympse, USA Today, Greater Media, and BeCouply, among others.Here's what they all do:
Hybrid and electric vehicles have many positives, primarily fuel economy.