- Schedule a tuneup.
- Check your brakes and your battery to make sure it's corrosion-free.
- Check fluids in your car, including engine oil, washer fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and brake and transmission fluid. Checking your air filter and oil filter are probably good ideas, too.
- Check belts and hoses to make sure they're not cracked or worn.
- Check your tires to make sure they're not over-worn or over or under-inflated.
- Lastly, make sure your gas cap is tight, not broken, and does its job.
Memorial Day Checklist: Make Sure Your Car Is Up to Snuff Before Roadtripping This Weekend
It's getting warm outside. Students are getting out of school for the year. On top of all of that, Memorial Day is less than a week away, and you're bound to be hitting the highway for a getaway. Unless you're renting a car, chances are you'll need to make sure your old jalopy is roadworthy, so the Car Care Council has thoughtfully put together a few tips to get you on your way:
If this were a battle of which sports car had more syllables in its name, the 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Pack...